Turbin, Nikolai Vasilyevich (Born: 03.12.1912; Died: 22.07.1998)
Doctor of Biological Sciences (since 1943), Professor.
Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Elected in 1953 on speciality Genetics and Breeding.
Membership of other Academies, Scientific Societies and Councils
Academician of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences (1967),
Foreign Member of the Swedish Society of Selectionists and Seed-Farmers,
President and Honorary Member of the USSR Society of Genetics and Selectionists (1970--1974),
Member of the Executive Bureau of the International Genetical Federation (1973--1977),
Former Member of the USSR Highest Certifying Commission,
Former Member of the Committee for Lenin and the USSR State Prizes under the USSR Council of Ministers.
Editorial Board Membership
Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal for Selection of Plants "Zeitschrift fur Pflanzuchtung".
Russian N.I.Vavilov Plant-Growing Institute, Head of the Laboratory of Productivity Genetics and Physiology.
17 Bolshaya Bronnaya Street, Moscow RU-103104, Russia
Applied genetics of plants, heterosis, polyploidness, cytoplasmatic sterility, genetics and selection of triticale. Plant-growing. Agroenergetics. Agroecology.
1. Heterosis. Actual problems of modern genetics (1966).
2. Genetic basis of cytoplasmatic male sterility (1975).
3. Periodical choice in selection of plants (1976).
4. Triticale sowings mixed with leguminous plants (1976).
1. Nikolai Vasilievich Turbin (To the 85th Anniversary of his Birthday) (In Belarusian).
2. In Memoriam (In Russian).
3. In memory of Nikolai Vasilyevich Turbin (In Russian).
4. Nicolay Vasilievich Turbin (To the 100th anniversary) (In Russian).
/ Academy Membership / Historical Notes / Back to Top of Page